Now that the Poison Oak, Poison Sumac, and Poison Ivy have decided to return, you could be asking for trouble.
Poison Oak is related to the cashew family with similar properties to Poison Ivy. Poison Oak, Poison Sumac, and Poison Ivy cause an annoying itchy red rash known by doctors as allergic contact dermatitis. Oil that is sticky causes the rash itself. Urushiol is found in all of the plants above, and will cause a rash if you brush against the stems, leaves, berries, flowers or roots. Even if the plant is dead, you can still get a rash. If you touch anything that has been near these plants, and that includes your pets, you will start to itch. Clothing, gardening tools and sporting gear that has been in contact with the oil will cause a rash. Luckily, you cannot catch the rash from someone else, only the oil itself.
SOUTHWEST SUNSHINE has an incredible Herbal Healing Gel that works on Poison Oak, Poison Ivy, and Poison Sumac, in fact the all-natural Herbal Healing Gel works on any type of rash that causes you to become red and itchy.
Some are more allergic to these types of plants than others are. Those that have a serious reaction will have swelling to the neck, mouth face, and genitals. People who have an intense reaction may also have large blisters that filled with fluid.
The rash takes about seven days to appear; however, other contacts will only take a couple of days to erupt. You will only get the rash on the places where the oil touched your skin. The redness and irritation usually lasts about three weeks, but in some cases could last up to six.
If you develop a rash thanks to Poison Oak, Poison Sumac or Poison Ivy, apply a wet cloth and soak the affected area with cool water. Apply SOUTHWEST SUNSHINE Herbal Healing Gel and try not to scratch. The all-natural Herbal Healing Gel from SOUTHWEST SUNSHINE will help relieve some of the itching.
The all-natural Herbal Healing Gel from SOUTHWEST SUNSHINE is the only topical gel that should be used. Antihistamines, topical anesthetics, and topical antibiotics should be avoided as they contain both benzocaine and neomycin.